How to File Claims and Pay Your Bill
It’s important to understand what you’ll need to do before a claim happens. Whether it’s to pay your bill or to file a claim, BMIS is here for you. You can contact us by filling out the form below or clicking here.
Or, you can always send us a real-time chat by clicking the Messenger icon. That’s the circle with the lightning bolt that appears on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
Here are some helpful tips and information about the process. The most important thing to remember in a claim is to be safe. While you might have valuable property – including sentimental value – nothing can replace you. Above all else, make sure you, your family, your friends, and your employees are safe.
If you’re in an accident, then you should…
- Above all, be safe. If you can, then move the vehicles out of traffic into a safe place. Shift into park, and turn off your vehicle. If you have them, then use cones or flares to warn others.
- Get help. Check for injuries, and call 9-1-1 if you’re in doubt. Then, call the police – even if the accident is minor.
- Gather information. Take pictures of the scene if it’s safe to do so. Be polite, but do not sign anything unless it’s from the police or BMIS. Also, do not admit fault – even if you think you’re to blame.
You’ll want to note important information like:
- Names and contact information for all drivers and passengers
- Vehicle descriptions (i.e. the make, model, and year)
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Insurance companies and policy numbers
- Eyewitness names and contact information
- Accident scene (location or address)
- Police officer’s name and badge number
- File a claim. You can do so by calling the number on the back of your ID. You can also call BMIS, or contact your insurance company directly. No matter which option you choose, we’ll be there every step of the way.
If you need to file a claim for your home or business, then you should…
- Report any crime to the police. In case of theft, vandalism, or burglary, report it to the police. Be sure to get a copy of the police report.
- Protect your property or business from further damage. Take reasonable steps to protect your property from further damage – but only if you can do it safely. This could mean making reasonable temporary repairs. If you do that, be sure to keep a record of repair costs.
- Call BMIS right away. We’ll work with your insurance company to file the claim and be with you every step of the way. We’ll also provide guidance from your insurance company in how to proceed.
- Don’t be shy about asking questions. When disaster strikes, don’t be afraid to ask questions. That’s why we’re here.
If you need to pay your bill, then you can…
- Contact BMIS. BMIS accepts payments in the office or over the phone during normal business hours. Contact us to arrange payments.
- Contact your insurance company. Their number and contact information are found on your policy or ID card. You can also find a list of contact numbers here.
Fill out the form below to contact us
Englewood Cliffs, NJ. 07632
If you’ve ever thought “I need help with the writing of a piece,” there’s no need to worry. Writing professionals tend to read other literature to get essay writing services an idea of the state-of-the-art within their field. In order to be able to understand their work within the context of their field of work papers writers will also glance at other literature. It takes a lot of effort and time to include the citations. There is help to be found!