Own a Rental or Vacant Property?
If you own a rental property or a home that’s vacant, a traditional homeowners insurance policy won’t work. Instead, you need Specialty Dwelling Insurance.
Why? Traditional homeowners insurance only covers properties that are owner-occupied. In other words, if you don’t live in the house, a Specialty Dwelling policy is your only option.
BMIS represents several carriers who can insure your rental or specialty use property.
So when do I need Specialty Dwelling Insurance?
There are many times when Specialty Dwelling insurance is needed. For example:
- If you own a rental property, then you need coverage for landlord furnishings and Tenant Liability.
- If your home is vacant, then it can be extremely difficult to insure. Most insurance companies want nothing to do with a property that is vacant. However, BMIS can help you!
- If you own a seasonal or vacation home, then most companies want to insure your primary home as well. Because this isn’t always possible, Specialty Dwelling Insurance protects you.
- If your home is under construction, then your project might require a Specialty Dwelling Insurance policy.
- If you have an older or lower-value home, then insurance companies might not want to cover it. However, BMIS has access to policies for these situations.
- If you have credit problems, then you might not qualify for “standard” Homeowners Insurance. When that happens, Specialty Dwelling Insurance your answer.
By the way, we wrote a helpful article on things every landlord should consider. You can read that by clicking here.
So how does BMIS help you?
Many people think that in order to save money, they must sacrifice coverage, service, or both. Not only is that dangerous, but it’s unfair to you.
While it may be true that changing coverage could save money, having great Specialty Dwelling Insurance doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice.
Because BMIS is an independent insurance agency, we focus on your unique needs and situation. But how do we do that?
- We uncover your needs so that you have no gaps in your policy.
- Since we shop your insurance with many companies, you have options.
- As a result, you get the best deal possible.
And what’s more, it doesn’t cost you a penny more for us to help you. Most important, you get peace of mind from having the best possible coverage at the best price. If you think it can’t be that simple, then you owe it to yourself to give us a call.
How to start your Specialty Dwelling quote
If you own a rental or vacant property in Hanahan, Charleston, Myrtle Beach or anywhere in South Carolina that fits these parameters, then let us help you. Or, give us a call and we can quote your property to see who has the best product for you.